Monday, June 4, 2018

Evolve

Hi Everyone,
Jess here today with a masculine project for you. 





 I have been on a kick lately doing more masculine and grungy projects.  This one evolved into one too.   
I used an Extra Large tag and scored the bottom to create the shelf.  I used a piece of mixed media tape to hold the bend since I knew I would be adding some weight to it. 
I used a piece of paper from Tim Holtz that had a blueprint type feel to it and added some stamped elements.
I wanted there to be more wings on it, so I found most of my wings stamps and added them all over.  I liked the man wearing goggles too, just in case my guy is worried about something getting in his eye.  
I used the Butterfly of Gears and cut it in half.  This side I embossed using a metallic gold.  I added different colors by dripping on alcohol inks. 
I added some metal gears and brads.  I used the chipboard gear from the Miniature Guy Things Set too.  
The other side was embossed and backed with paper to make it look like a monarch wing.  
I added a jar of gears for him to stand on and the rest came down to details.  
There are more wings with blueprint details over them.  Tiny blueprints are rolled up.  There are some failed experiments down there too.  
The letters add the finishing touch.  
Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Jess - you have such a great design sense! I love this project.

    ReplyDelete