Friday, June 1, 2018

Hearts Have All Things

Hello and Happy Friday!! Jennalee here today with a collaged assemblage featuring the Doodled Cage with Solid Back. This cage was the perfect jumping point for the whole piece.




Start by prepping the cage. Emboss the front of the cage using Ancient Amber Baked Texture powder. Heat random spots a second time and sprinkle on Patina Oxide Baked Texture powder and heat set. 
Paint the back of the cage and add random bits of Patina Oxide Baked Texture. 


Make a copy of a vintage photo booth photo and add a layer of Vintage Beeswax Baked Texture powder for the perfect vintage touch. 


Adhere photo to back of cage. With sewing machine stitch down the top of the cage. 
The bottom of the cage ripped a bit when I was stitching it down. I love the added texture and detail. 


Begin building layers for the collage under the cage. As I was looking for the perfect pieces I stumbled across this bit from a vintage cabinet card folder. I added a bit of lace with my machine and some hand stitching with a needle and Tim Holtz's Craft Thread. 




Heat emboss a key and key plate from the Keys and Plates Shape Set with Burnt Copper Leaves powder. Punch holes in the key, the key plate already has holes and attach to top of collage with mini brads. Attach chain piece to other side of key and key plate with mini brads. 


Add sentiment sticker to bottom of birdcage. I used a sentiment from Tim Holtz's Clippings Stickers. 



I really enjoyed this project. It was one of those pieces that I didn't think and just followed where it took me. I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial. Thanks for stopping by!! 
~ Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 

No comments:

Post a Comment