Monday, June 25, 2018

Dragonfly Tablet Holder

Don't even get me started on the dozens of reasons I hate, loathe and despise cell phones....but I sure do love me my laptop! Recently my amazing bestie received a tablet as a freebie when she replaced the cell phone which she uses for work, and since she knew she wouldn't use it, she passed it along to me!  Since a tablet falls somewhere between phone and laptop, I want to give it a try, but so far haven't used it much. I'm hoping setting it up on my work table in this cute little stand will inspire me to pick it up more often.


This project is simple, consisting of only three pieces. I covered them all with patterned paper; this sheet is from FabScraps. I sanded the edges and inked them with Donna Salazar Mixed Media ink in Leather.


I used the largest of the Damask Singles behind the back piece to add interest and height. I just painted it white, then inked the edges with the same brown ink. I brushed a little Perfect Pearls on it as well, which I also used on the dragonflies on the background paper as well as the two that I cut out and attached.

In addition to the dragonflies, I fussycut one of the plants from the paper, and cut an extra so that I could fold it and layer it on top for a 3D look. I then heat-embossed the whole piece in clear to give it a little extra strength to stand up.


I added a little moss and some flowers to finish the project and complement the outdoorsy feel of the paper.



Now my tablet will be out in the open where I will remember to pick it up and play with it more often...thank you, Bestie, and Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts!!




GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED


OTHER ITEMS USED
FabScraps 12x12 paper-Peaceful
Donna Salazar mixed Media ink-Leather
Perfect Pearls powder-Pearl
clear embossing powder, Versamark ink


No comments:

Post a Comment