Monday, June 11, 2018

Getting Organized with Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

Hey there! Lynne here with the new Organizer System that I've been looking forward to putting together for a while now...I just had to find a paper pack with colours and patterns that would look good in my craft room and coordinate with my other storage before I could make this. I found a Recollections pack at Michael's that was perfect.


I decided to put all the pieces together before papering them because there were so many pieces and I wanted to make sure I put the right patterns in the right places. It's of course perfectly fine to paper everything first, and I usually do, but this worked well for me on this project.


After putting the pieces together, I painted all the edges white, then adhered patterned paper (since I couldn't trace around them like I usually do, I actually had to do some measuring, but it was pretty simple and I lived to tell about it-lol1)

I inked the edges/joints of the paper with honey-coloured ink.


I like my storage to be labeled, so I used a combination of the Miniature Bookplates and the Stackable Labels. I ran them through my Cuttlebug in a damask embossing folder, then heat embossed them with a white enamel called Jasmine.




The bookplates didn't have labels to stack, so I made them by tracing the centers onto boxboard, then making them a little larger before cutting them out. I covered all the label pieces with patterned paper that was light enough to write on, and again inked the edges in the honey colour. I glued them onto the drawers and bins with a hot glue gun


The organizer pieces can be arranged so many different ways, depending on your preference and the space you have for them. After I had taken all my photographs and filled my bins, I noticed that some people also used them on their sides like cubbies. For my purpose (tall packages) the upright position was more practical though.  I thought they looked nice spread out like these examples as well, but I decided to use them on top of a set of drawers that was too narrow for this configuration.




I love the versatility of these pieces; you can finish them so many different ways and arrange them to fit any area. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with them; be sure to share on the Gypsy Soul Lasercuts Craft Group page on Facebook!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Organizer System

Miniature Bookplates Shape Set

Stackable Labels Shape Set

OTHER ITEMS USED

Donna Salazar Mixed Media Ink-Honey
-embossing powder-Jasmine

Recollections Paper Pad-English Rose Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment