Friday, June 29, 2018

An Incomplete Curiosity Composition Box

Ok, my project isn't finished but... But... BUT!!! I have a very good reason.

We've planned a little family getaway to Montreal next month and I've created this in preparation for my memories. I'll keep little mementos from our adventure and tuck them in this box when I return. I'm so excited!


I'll buy postcards. I'll keep tickets and receipts. Bottle caps and coasters will be placed in here too. Maybe a stone or a leaf or... or... or... the possibilities are endless! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a little tacky souvenir and add that to my curiosity box as well.


I've created embellishments for the box with layers from the Steampunk Shape Set and
Stackable Labels Shape Set. I have to toot my own horn and say I'm really digging that top element!

While I usually mix and match collections, I've stuck with Olde Curiosity Shoppe - Deluxe Collector's Edition from Graphic 45 for this piece. If you like quirky and cool and vintage it'll be right up your ally. If that ain't your cup-o-tea, by all means, make something that suits YOU.


Below is a list of all the bits you'll need and I've got a video walk through for pulling all those bits together. Here's hoping we all make some amazing memories to complete our curiosity composition boxes.

Supply List:
Composition Box - 25
Steampunk Shape Set
Stackable Labels Shape Set


Olde Curiosity Shoppe - Deluxe Collector's Edition
White glue
Ribbon
Acrylic paints (I am in LOVE with Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint Iridescent Copper)
Small brass brads

No comments:

Post a Comment