Some Eastern Bluebirds Migrate south for the winter others stay if the weather is agreeable and nourishment is plentiful. In Pennsylvania, where I grew up they were rarely seen in the deepest part of winter. They would return in the springtide as assuredly as the red-winged blackbird.
Many artists still like to illustrate the Eastern Bluebirds in snow. They are the inspiration for this artwork.
You can be a bluebird of happiness to those along the way. How we treat others does really matter. We may be the only joy they know. A neighbor told me I was kind and an encourager. I said back…we brighten each others path and lighten the others load. Be of good cheer the rainbows will return and that which is frozen will melt, even a frozen heart or withered spirit.
- Gather Supplies.
- Cover GSLC Tree 2 with Cosmic Shimmer Lava Paste Colored with Alcohol Inks in Brown Tones. Using a Small Plastic Spatula to Randomly Spread Paste.
- Apply Pearlescent Glitter while Wet so Paste acts Like an Adhesive.
- Once Fully Dry fill in Gaps and Highlight with Alcohol Inks in Brown and Green Tones using a Fan Brush.
- Paint Swing part of GSLC Bird on a Swing Shape Set with Copper and Gold Paints.
- Paint Bird Part of GSLC Bird on a Swing Shape Set with Neon Yellow, Pink, Blue, and Orange Paints.
- Use Adhesive Foam Circles of Various Sizes to Adhere Your Painted and Prepared Parts. Allow to Dry Fully.
- Add a bit of Moss and a Battery Operated Tea Light to Inside of Decorated Metal Lantern.
In the deep dark winter depending on its severity we begin to get cabin fever or loose hope of brighter days. Bluebirds are a reminder to be happy in each day:
“Be happy!” This is what these
“Just be happy, there is some
joy in everyday!”
Be like the bluebird, who never is
blue. For he knows from his
upbringing what singing can do.
The Bluebird carries the sky
on his back.
~Henry David Thoreau~
This bright blue bird of Happiness,
I send across the miles,
To carry joyous greeting
And fill your day with smiles.
Be as a bird perched on a frail ranch
that she feels bending beneath her;
Still she sings away all the same,
Knowing she has wings.
There is a candle in your heart,
ready to be kindled
Carry a candle in the dark, be a candle
in the dark, know that your a flame
in the dark.
Thousands of candles can be lighted
from a single candle, and the life of
the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by
Supplies: GSLC Bird on a Swing Shape Set , GSLC Tree 2, Small Metal Decorative Lantern,Cosmic Shimmer Lava Paste, Alcohol Ink in Brown and Green Tones, Small Plastic Spatula, Pearlescent Glitter, Fan Paintbrush, Gold and Copper Paints, Blue, Yellow, Pink and Orange Neon Paint, Adhesive Foam Circles, Moss, Battery Operated Tea Light
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!