Saturday, June 23, 2018

A general card for lots of occasions

Hi everyone, Heather here again today with a card that can be used for almost anything. The colours are a bit feminine, but  these could be changed to make it more masculine. Also I have to admit that I forgot to take the pictures of the lovely Gslcuts items that I have used. I just saw the relevant pieces and began putting them together before I remembered that I needed some photos, so just to make life different I am going to list the items that I have used at the beginning rather than the end, then you will be able to see for yourselves what the original items look like.
Gsl items used:
Chicken wire Large (for the background)
Flourished frame Valerie square
10 words
Word elements 1 ssmall
other items used:
ready made flowers
pearl spray
backing paper (from my stash
Prima papers Zephyr paper
Carina Gardner watercolour floral paper"
8" x 8" scalloped greeting card

First of all I decided on the size of card  and chose an 8" x 8" scalloped card. I cut a piece of the floral paper to measure 7 5/8( seven and five eigth inches square), this just fits within the scalloped edge of the card and leaves a small border on the fold of the card, I cut some of the chicken wire to fit diagonally onto the  paper. I used a corner punch to cut two corners on the flowered paper, so that they fitted with the corners on the card

Now I come to the centre piece of my card and I used the flourished frame Valerie square for this


As you can see I covered the frame with white gesso then white paint, I used the Prima Zephyr paper for the back of the frame and as the paper is predominantly yellow I thought that maybe yellow roses would look nice in two corners. The other two corners I used believe and dream from the small word elements 1 and backed both these with the Prima Zephyr paper. When I looked at this again I decided that the yellow roses didn't  look quite right with the  amount of pink that was on the background paper, so I changed the yellow roses and replaced them with pink ones.

I also had a few wire pieces with pearls on the end,and I thought that these would look nice behind the roses, so I pulled out one length of wire which had three pearls on the end and I glued the rose to it, then glued these into two corners I chose the live and laugh from the 10 words in the store to use in the centre of the frame but I had lost the love word, so I used one of my dies and ran it through my cutting machine on a spare piece of chipboard. It didn't cut through completely but it left enough mark for me to fussy cut  it out and use it with the live and laugh in the middle.





No comments:

Post a Comment