Sunday, March 18, 2018

Just For You Sewing Greeting Card

Hello there and happy Sunday to you all!  I'm dropping in to share a vintagy inspired sewing themed card. The inspiration for this card was the super charming Faux Wire Hanger chippie from GSL.

Isn't that hanger a great way to bring the sewing look together with the sewing machine image?
The little heart is so sweet : )  It really adds to the country inspired paper collection.
  To ensure that I had room for the hanger and the image I overlapped them by quite a bit. To make it look like it was hanging from the chippie I added tiny twine bows on top.
Just an itty bitty collection of coordinated flowers to dress up the top of the hanger.
To work with the sewing theme I added a border of actual stitching with white thread...this also adds texture and draws the eye to the focal point.

I really wanted this to look like a real old fashioned vintage wire hanger so I chose a metallic silver paint that is not toooo shiny and bright. This worked really well to achieve an older look on this fragile embellishment.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts~ Faux Wire Hanger

Wishing you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G

1 comment:

  1. Love this card Ginny! The wire hanger is the perfect vintage and the authentic stitching works wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete