Monday, March 12, 2018

Vintage Easter Banner by Lynne

hi there...spring is just around the corner and so is Easter! I'm going to decorate a bit for Easter this year as my "baby" (22-year old daughter) is back home after over 3 years of living out west, and that makes me feel much more festive....in fact I will be hiding an Easter basket for her like I did every year up until she left home!


I had some adorable vintage images in my stash and used them as a theme for my banner, and I have been eyeing the cute chippie eggs for a while trying to decide how I wanted to use them. 




I covered four of the banner pieces with corrugate and inked the edges with a deep brown



.I cut the coloured banners just a tad smaller and distressed and inked those edges as well, then attached the images to those.


The eggs were painted with brown acrylic paint, then coated with FolkArt Crackle medium. When the medium was dry I painted them with pastel acrylics, then rubbed them with the stain to create an aged look. I added a layer of clear embossing powder afterwards. 





The flowers were made with the Martha Stewart hydrangea punch, although I added an extra layer of the larger size. These too were inked in brown, then put together with small brads. The foliage was made with the Martha Stewart branch punch.

The small embellishments on the upper right of each banner were covered with patterned paper, then sanded and inked. I attached them with foam adhesive for a bit of added dimension.







The banner was put together with jute. To fit the jute through the small holes in some of the eggs, I dipped the end of the jute into hot wax and then squeezed it together with my fingers. It worked really well. I used hot glue to seal the knots when I tied the pieces together.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by, and be sure to share your Easter creations on our craft group Facebook page-we'd love to see what you come up with!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Banner Builder dovetail set

Decorative Eggs



Spring Shape Set

OTHER ITEMS USED

FolkArt Crackle medium
FolkArt Mixed Media transparent gel-Sepia
Versacolor Ink-Pinecone
Versamark Ink
Clear embossing powder

1 comment: