Monday, March 5, 2018

Steampunk Goddess

Hi Everyone,
Jess here today with a super fun project.  
I am not a steampunk girl.  It's not really in my wheelhouse.  I dabble here and there, but when I saw this Steampunk Cage Dressform I knew I had to make something with it.  Honestly, it was super easy to make, so today's tutorial will be super short.

Cover your base using Seth Apter's new Baked Texture Embossing Powders.  The base layer here is Rocky Road.  The different patches of color are from Dirty Sand, Chunky Rust, and Patina Oxide. 
Here's another shot.
It's gorgeous and you don't have to prep the chipboard before applying the powder.  I just slapped on the embossing ink and went to town.  The secret to the layering is really just heating up the base layer(in this case the ROcky Road) and sprinkling on the color you want to add.
The dress form was covered with a thin layer of gesso and then I added Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio. 
I covered that with Ancient Amber Embossing powder and added gears.   The wings are covered with the same ink and then embossed using Vintage Beeswax and sprinkled with Patina Oxide and Deep Sea embossing powders.  
Her back has a key to wind her up.  
I colored a vintage chandelier crystal using Alcohol Ink in Mushroom and hung it from the center of the gear to complete the piece.  
Where the pieces joined together I used black paint to hide the raw chipboard. 


I hope you like her! 



    


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing .good information.
    http://aplusdigitizing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, the design is really looking nice. Thanks for sharing.
    https://www.1dollardigitizing.com

    ReplyDelete