Monday, March 19, 2018

Try to cooperate

Hi Everyone,
Jess here today with an oversized tag.  
The base of this project is a small Tim Holtz Etcetera tag and the Botanical Journaling Blocks fit on them perfectly! 
 They make a great background piece and really create a nice focal point.  This is the medium sized block and there are three in the set.  
I knew I wanted to use this image and I put a Mini Petal Corner crown on her head.  The crown has been embossed using Seth Apter's Baked Texture powder in Ancient Amber.  I added a brad to the center for her jewel.   
The base tag was covered with paper and then splattered with various paints and inks. 
The journaling block was covered with gesso and then painted using various shades of green and brown.  The spaces between the stitches were inked using a gold gel pen.  

The edge of the frame was inked using Distress Ink in Peeled Paint and then Distress Crayon in Black Soot was used to darken the edge and draw your eye in toward the center. 
The Layered Frame Bella Oval was placed on top of the journaling block.  This frame has a front and a back, but for this project I just used the top piece.  This piece was left completely raw.  I really liked how it picked up the browns in the background paper.  
You can see I played around with the placement quite a bit on this piece.  Things got moved up, down, and all around  
This is what I landed on for final placement.  I used foam tape to attach her since the chipboard frame is directly behind her.  I didn't want her to wind up with a big bump in the middle of her body. 
Flowers were added to the top.

The sentiment was placed in her lap and a brass token was added to the bottom corner to balance the piece.  

Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love. I think I need to make this into a business card - ha! So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete