Sunday, July 31, 2016

Botanical Sympathy Card

Hello, Friends!  It's Kathy here, and I'm so happy to be sharing another project with you as a guest designer.  While I don't have a tutorial, I do have some great tips for working with chipboard titles and laser cut doilies.

This 5" x 7" sympathy card is made with Graphic 45's Botanicabella Deluxe Collector's Edition.  I kept fussing with all the layers, but the card just wasn't coming together for me. I liked all the elements, but the composition just wasn't working.   Then I remembered that I had a package of Words & Phrases I in my chippie stash.
Adding this elegant chipboard title was the key to making this composition work.  I painted the chipboard with Black Soot Distress ink, and sprinkled it with Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel while the paint was still wet.  In no time flat the chipboard was transformed into a thing of beauty.


I think it looks like metal, and I love the dimension that embossing with enamel lends to chipboard.  I backed the title with paper from the collection, then trimmed away the excess. Magic!  I also cut a gorgeous GSL laser cut doily in half and tucked it behind my fussy cut bird.  This helped the image stand out from the background.  These are not currently in the shop, but Gina assures me that more are on the way, so keep your eyes open for them!


The interior of the card has a pocket with a hand made notecard. 


I'm making this card for my cousin, and I wanted to tuck in some old family photos of her mom in with the card.  The pocket will keep them safe.

The lower half of the card has more paper layers and a hand stamped sentiment.

It never fails to amaze me how a little bit of chipboard can take a project from so-so to superb!  I hope I've shared some new ideas with you here today.  Thanks so much for letting me join you as guest designer.

Cheerio,
kathy

Product links:

Doilies (coming soon!)
 3/8" white satin ribbon
Gold Metallic String
Antique Gold Netting
Arianna Natural Crochet Lace
White Botanica Blooms
White Botanica Minis
Tea Dye Distress Ink
Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel
Black Soot Distress Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment