Sunday, July 17, 2016

Mixed Media Dragonfly Frame Wall Art by Ginny

Hey there Paper Peeps! Ginny here to share a sweet little frame project I created with lots of great GSL chippies and loads of mixed media supplies.

I found this frame with itty bitty windows and thought it would be a fun way to incorporate lots of small elements. First I took it apart and removed the glass. Then I traced where with window openings would be so I'd know where to place all the bits and pieces.  I created the background first with inks and stamps in the color scheme I wanted to use on the focal elements.
For added texture I layered in the Brick Wall chippie painted in flat white. Next came the Scribble Frame in black for contrast. Then the gears were painted gold and given a light coat of stain for an aged patina.
The Filigree Frame was finished with the same steps as the gears then a couldn't resist topping it off with some coordinating bling.  A few small and simple stamped sentiments are really just perfect for this size frame.
A generous amount of flowers to fill in this corner along with a fancy stick pin,  some altered clock hands and twine bows.  There's also a bit of gold mesh tucked in behind.
I may have gotten a little carried away with this Dragonfly.....but once I was on a roll it was hard to stop. I started with a base coat of white then colored and shaded with watercolor pencils. Using archival ink I stamped on the itty bitty typography. I added a nice finished edge with a black Big Brush marker and colored in the body portion. Next I layered on additional clock hands with the same gold and stain finish as the rest of the elements and secured them with a touch of glue to hold them in place while I wrapped the wire around and added beads.  The wire did add a bit of bulk in the back...but it fits down nicely between the frame openings so it does not cause the dragonfly to stick out yay!

~Gypsy Soul Laser Cut Supplies~

Okay that's all for me. I had so much fun with this altered art project....now where to hang it???  Wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G 

No comments:

Post a Comment