Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Safari Mini Album Display Case - Part 1 by Gloria

Good morning! It's Gloria with you today, with Part 1 of a two-part project! The tutorial for today explains how to build a Mini Album Display Case, including adding feet and a handle. Come back on August 9th for Part 2 - Creating Four Mini Albums!
The Mini Album Display Case kit comes with the display box (5 1/2" x 4 3/4" x 4 3/4"), the drawer (1 1/2" x 4 3/8" x 4 3/8"), and chipboard to make up to four mini albums (3 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 1").

I used Graphic 45 Safari Adventures and Tropical Travelogue (retired) papers to decorate my display case. 
I added a very cool lion-head drawer pull (Graphic 45) to the drawer. I think that single, metal piece makes the whole project!
Because the drawer pull was a bit "dangle-y" I needed to add feet to my display case. The metal feet in my stash could not allow for the drawer to be on the bottom of the case and still open, so, I got creative and made feet from some wooden spools! 
The box decor is very simple. I added the giraffe and the rhino from the Safari Shape Set to to the sides of the box. I also added some G45 printed chipboard to the top and front of the box. 
 Here is a view of the back of the box. You can see those cute, matching feet!

To see the Snapguide Tutorial for making this project, please click on the Guide below.

Check out How to Make a Mini Album Display Case by Gloria Stengel on Snapguide.



Come back on August 9th and I will share a tutorial on making the four mini albums for this box project. I have started one already, using some amazing zebra-print paper! 

Thanks for looking! Find all these wonderful chipboard items at the GSLCuts Store!



Supplies:
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts: 
Mini Album Display Case (coming soon)
Safari Shape Set (coming soon)

Partner Products:
Graphic 45 Safari Adventure and Tropical Travelogue (retired) Collections
Graphic 45 Lion Head Door Knocker
Graphic 45 Washi Tape Set

Other: 
Ink: Ranger Distress Gathered Twigs, Copic Marker Dark Bark (E49), Close to My Heart Grey Wool, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Amber Clay
Tissue Tape: Tim Holtz
Wood spools: craft supply
Adhesive: Liquitex gel medium, Ranger Glossy Accents, 3M foam tape
Tools: bone folder, sponge dauber, foam brush

No comments:

Post a Comment