Thursday, July 21, 2016

Floral Memo Board by Barbara

Hi everyone.  It's Thursday again, and that means I am up on the Gypsy Soul Laser Crafts blog!  When I got this Memo Board, I knew I was going to love it.  I am sure you will, too.  Just think of all the uses.  You can hang it on the wall, set it on an easel, add magnets to the back to hang on your fridge.  The possibilities are endless.

Lay your pieces out to determine how to glue them together.


Paint portions of chipboard that will not be covered with paper.  I mixed two colors of pink and salmon chalk ink to get a color to match my paper. 


Cut scrapbook paper of your choice to size and adhere pieces to front and top and bottom of tray section.  Leave back uncovered for now.  (Be sure to cut out the holes you may have covered with paper so that you can still glue the pieces together.)


Now glue the tray shelf to the bottom of the board, as well as the trim pieces. 

I cut thin 1/4" strips of the same paper to add to the bottom of the tray shelf to cover where the chipboard joins.   I think it gives it a really nice finish.

Next, lay out your chipboard pieces to see how they will look, as well as the clip that will be placed in the center.

I first gave my chipboard pieces of coat of chalk paint in the color I wanted as an under tone.

Next, I gave details and dimension to the pieces, first with ColourArte Twinkling H20s, and then some extra shading was added with Gelatos.  I computer-generated "MEMO" onto a scrap of my paper to fit inside the miniature bookplate.


Before adhering any chipboard, I wanted to get the clip attached.  I centered it and penciled in where I needed to punch my hole for the brad to go through.  I used my Big Bite crop-a-dile to punch the hole.  Then I used some quick grab glue on the back, as well as inserting the brad through the clip and the board to hold it in place. 


Then I covered the back of my memo board with another coordinating paper.  Now it is nicely finished off on the back, as well.


I started adding my chipboard pieces, as shown in the close-ups below.  You can see where I added the MEMO bookplate to the clip, and some flower embellishments to my leaves. 



Supplies Used:

GSL Memo Board
GSL Bird on Branch Assortment
GSL Butterflies and Dragonflies
GSL Fern Fronds
GSL Skeleton Leaves
GSL Miniature Bookplates Shape Set
ColourArte Twinkling H20s
Chalk paints
Gelatos
Metal clip and flowers


I hope you are inspired a bit to try creating your very own memo board.  Wouldn't this make a beautiful gift for someone.  Christmas is not too far off.   So pop on over the the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts store and see all the fab choices there.  

Thanks for stopping by, and have fun crafting!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment