Thursday, July 28, 2016

Feminine Birthday Card

Hi everyone!  Barbara here on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog.  I want to share a card today with a very feminine, and a bit shabby feel.  I have birthdays coming up in the next few months, so cards to send are on my mind.  Laser cut chipboard is a real pleasure to work with, and I love how they add so much dimension to a card without adding too much bulk.



I used a pink card base and print paper layer cut slightly smaller.   I painted the Flourished Frame Connie with pink acrylic paint and distressed it with gelatos.



Next step, adhere the layers, as shown, including the print post card from the paper.



I painted all pieces with a coat of acrylic paint before adding color with gelatos to give added depth and dimension to the pieces.  The perfume bottle was run through an embossing folder (just the bottle portion) and then I hit the high spots with a gold ink pad.  I also added some gold to parts of the bird cage, as well.



Next step, adhere the bird cage with the postage stamp image over the opening.



Adhere the remaining pieces to the card front as shown.



Lastly, I added a few gem stickers to the fleur de lysdressform, and perfume bottle top.



Supplies Used:

GSL Flourished Frame Connie
GSL Ornamental Bird Cages Shape Set
GSL Dressforms 2 Shape Set
GSL Parisian Shape Set
Pink card stock
Print papers and die cuts
Embossing folder
Acrylic paint
Gelatos
Gold ink pad
Makeup sponge
Gem sticker embellishments

I hope you have been inspired, at least a little bit, to give laser cut chipboard a go on your next card project.  You won't be disappointed, and your recipient will be so impressed.  

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful, crafty day!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment