Monday, July 25, 2016

Typography Gift Bag and Birthday Card by Lynne

Once upon a time, on July 27 some years ago, an awesome thing happened....one of my favourite people in the whole world was born!! It's my best friend's birthday and I created this gift bag/card set for her using Graphic 45 Typography papers and some terrific Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard!


I love the friendship quotes that were on the paper cut-aparts and used several of those. I often call my BFF "Sunshine" so I thought the sunshine quote and the chipboard sun were perfect for the front of the bag!


I covered the sun with patterned paper , dry embossed it , then misted it in yellow before adding light random brushstrokes of yellow acrylic paint and rubbing the raised parts with Ranger antique linen distress ink. The red chipboard strips are from the Fiesta texture sheets. I have included a closeup taken of the yellow ones used on the back of the bag later in this post.


The back of the bag was embellished with strips from the Fiesta texture sheet painted yellow then rubbed with the same Ranger ink as the sun.



For the card I chose the "sheltering tree" quote and one of the  Leafy Trees from the GSL store. I painted the tree green, then cut leaves from the green patterned paper and covered random leaves with it then I dry embossed the whole tree with a wood-grain design.


I popped up some of the pieces on my projects with foam tape for dimension and added a bit of stenciling with texture paste. The paper's colours and patterns are quite vibrant so other than a little layered punch work, I didn't think it needed a whole lot more detail. I sure hope she likes them. Thanks for stopping by and having a look. Wishing you a terrific week even if it isn't your birthday!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
   Texture Sheets Fiesta

     OTHER ITEMS USED
Graphic 45 Typography 12x12 paper pad
anger Distress Ink-Antique Linen
Crafter's Workshop stencil
Fiskars border punch
    texture paste
foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment