Thursday, March 21, 2019

An Appropriate Name for a Beautiful Frame . . .


Hi GSLCuts Fans! 
Coming to you from Nancy-land 
with a beautiful frame created by Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
This one is called
and it is a layered frame with gorgeous scroll work.

Needing a card for a friend's birthday,
I began with layering some favorite paper onto a card front.


Layer 1: Gold foil paper
Layer 2: Green corrugated paper
Layer 3: My Mind's Eye 6x6 Cowboy paper

Mixing gold & pale greens reminds me of Spring.
Go Spring!

I applied gold crackle paint from Viva, 
to the top layer of the frame.


While that was drying, I painted the back piece with
Prima's Moss Paste, avoiding the center
as that will be covered with an image.


When that layer was dry,
I added Goosebumps on top for some sheen.


There's something appealing to me
with the juxtaposition of
gold with texture,
smooth with bumpy.

I added the image to the frame
and then to the card front.


This just needed a little something else to fill in
so I added prills, seed beads and mica flakes.
Whenever I add these, I always use
Art Glitter Glue.
It dries perfectly clear without any residual shine.


And it's all finished and ready to send.


So easy to use this
on any card for any occasion.

Thanks for stopping by.
See you again soon.




2 comments:

  1. Really pretty and classic. I love it!! Simple and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. Definitely would be a gift in itself to receive.

    ReplyDelete