Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A Hint of Spring

Hello creative friends!  It's Susan here on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog, sharing a fun shadow box that hints of the changing season.

I used the Square Shrine Shadow Box to create a window of sorts.  I can imagine staring out at the melting snow and budding trees.  This is a Mid-Atlantic March. :)


Using Graphic 45's Fairy Dust, I cut panels for the box inside and the front wall and Mod Podge'd them on.




I used a small sponge to dab light green paint on one leafy tree, and white paint on the other.  You might notice the trees are mirror images.


I trimmed the tree's lower branches and right edges in order to set it a bit to the right.


On the back of the green tree, I added a few layers of scrap chipboard to raise it off the back wall.  I did the same on the back of the white tree to raise it off the green tree.


After the sheet moss and trees were installed, I added the front panel.  Edges were sanded and inked with brown.


The bird was cut from the Birds On A Wire chippy and painted an orange-ish color.



Thanks for your visit today!  ~Susan


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
2 Small Leafy Trees: #D14E
Birds On A Wire 1: #D87A
Square Shrine Shadow Box: #BD2A

Other Supplies Used
Graphic 45 Fairie Dust 8x8
Green, white, orange acrylic paint
White craft glue
Mod Podge
Brown Dresden trim
Sheet moss
Flocking powder

2 comments:

  1. I love the layering of the two trees and it is good to be reminded of spring my favorite season. Beautiful project

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would look great on any mantle or make a lovely spring gift!

    ReplyDelete