Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March Winds

Many of us know the proverb April Showers Bring May Flowers but few of us know that the proverb begins with the words March Winds. It was also a song in the 1930's by the same name by Abe Lyman and His California Orchestra, a slightly different version was sung by Judy Garland in 1955. While a child we were taught another proverb, "In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb" to tentatively predict the weather. I know that in my area of Maryland March is the windiest month of the year. These are the inspirations for this project.   

1.  Use Versa Mark and Ice Resin Enamels randomly to transform the GSLC Flourished Chains, add touches of copper embossing powder and cure with a  heating tool.
 2.  Further tarnish GSLC Flourished Chains using dry brush technique and green and teal acrylic paints.
3.  Use teal acrylic paint and extreme peacock embossing powder to transform GSLC Fancy Frame. Cure with a heating tool.
4.  Take apart GSLC Hot Air Balloons use Acrylic Paints of shades of purple to paint one top part to one balloon and blues for the other.
 
 5.  Shade edges of GSLC Hot Air Balloons with gray acrylic paint.
6.  Once fully dry use GSLC Honeycomb and Decorative stamps to add patterns to your balloons, I used spring green acrylic paint of blue balloon and magenta on purple balloon.
7.   Use browns and yellow acrylic paint to paint basket portion of GSLC Hot Air Balloons.
8.  Glue GSLC Hot Air balloons together and hold securely with metal clamps. 
9.   Once everything is dry assemble your Hot Air Balloon project  placing it inside an appropriate sized frame.
 
Some final thoughts. March may begin as winter but it is the hope by month's end that springtide will be upon us. We can't control the winds but we can adjust the sails. I used to love the song "Wind Beneath My Wings" sung by Bette Midler
Lyrics in part:
 It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.


 Supplies:  Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Hot Air Balloon Stack Up, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Fantasy Frame & Flourishes, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Flourished Chain Large, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Flourished Chain Medium, Coming Soon Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Foam Honeycomb and Decorative Stamp, Versa Mark, Resin Enamels German Silver, Turquoise, Embossing Powder Copper and Extreme Peacock Gray, Teal and Green Gold, Red iron Oxide, Burnt Sienna, Nickel Azo, Yellow Iron Oxide, Sapphire, True Blue, Violet, Magenta, and Spring Green Acrylic Paints, Color Shift Purple Paint,  Paintbrush, Weldbond, Clamps, Ariel View Magazine Picture, Large Wooden Frame.

I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating information Jon David. I love what you did what the balloons and such a colorful project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’m so glad you read it and found it useful and interesting. I was thrilled with the colors of the balloons

      Delete