Saturday, March 2, 2019

UFO Shrine

Happy Saturday, everyone! Today I am sharing a fun little UFO shrine I made using one of the GSL Mini Shadowbox Set boxes.  I just love working with these things!  I have had a UFO shaped locket in my stash for a while.  It was always going to be used for beaming up some tiny farm animals.
I assembled the shadowbox with tacky glue and marked the ceiling of the piece where I wanted to insert an eye screw to hold the locket in place. 
I used a Paper Studio sky scrapbook paper for the interior and Kaisesrcraft Sublime paper for the exterior of the box. The paper edges were inked with Ranger Distress ink in crushed olive.

I cut a triangle of green foil paper and glued it on the back wall of the box directly underneath where the UFO hung.
Tiny HO scale sheep were 'beamed up' by adhering them to the foil. I painted two HO scale figures from the Preiser Carnival collection as shepherds.  A scrap of green felt was used for the pasture. The sheep and figures were glued in place with E6000.
For the top, I nestled a few glow in the dark maggots inside a miniature plastic dome. These were a gift from a friend who obviously 'gets' me. I think they might actually be night fishing lures. On each side I added a few snippets of artificial Queen Anne's lace. 
I glued on some metal lined glass beads as feet.  The only thing left to add was a bit of roving as the mysterious cloud the UFO descended from.
Thanks for stopping by!

Gypsy Soul Items Used
Other Items Used
Tacky glue
E6000
Acrylic paint
Kaisesrcraft Sublime and Paper Studio sky scrapbook paper
Ranger crushed olive distress ink
Green felt
Green foil
UFO charm
Eye screw
HO sheep and human figures
Artificial Queen Anne's lace
Glow in the dark worms
Metal tray with plastic dome
Metal lined glass beads
Roving




2 comments:

  1. What a fun project!! I love how unique the content is!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, what a fabulous and utterly creative project!

    ReplyDelete