Friday, March 1, 2019

Corner of Your Heart

Hello, Jennalee here today!! I am so excited that Spring is right around the corner. It has been so cold in my studio that my mojo has packed up and gone on vacation. But that hasn't kept me from creating. I put together a little kit of some of my favorite papers and trinkets so that I could create in comfort on the couch. The Matchbox Skylines (coming soon) from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts was the perfect project to keep my creative heart happy. 






The Matchbox comes flat ready to cover in the papers of your choice. I used a glue stick and various vintage papers to cover the box and mini houses. The accordion of houses comes with 6. As I started adding elements to mine I realized it was going to be too thick to fit in the box so I simply removed one house. 




For the first house or the cover stitch on a button. Leave a long tail to wrap around the accordion to keep it closed. 


The second house is a vintage postage stamp with a Tim Holtz rub on. 


The third house is a piece from Tim Holtz's Snippets set layered with a Quotations Sticker. 


The fourth house and my favorite is simply a vintage locket photo hand stitched on. 


The final house has a torn ticket layered with a bird die cut I found floating around in the scrap box. 


I decided to keep my palette and collages very simple. I love the stark contrast of the black and red and the simple story that came about from the pieces chosen. I had fun with this simple project but look forward to warmer days when I can head back into the studio without fear of freezing.
Happy Creating ~ Jennalee



2 comments:

  1. This is amazing I cannot wait to get one of these stamp kits. You do fantastic work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jon David. Love this so much! And yes, your work is exemplary.

    ReplyDelete