Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Misunderstood Monsters and Mysterious Creatures Alphabet-Installment G and W

I will be reusing the Small 5" by 7" Wooden IKEA frames I added to patina to the last time and have included those steps here for reference. This time I will be using Folk Art Painted Finishes Sets of Rust and Moss acrylic paints sets to alter the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Alphabet Stencils for "G" is for Godzilla and "W" is for Werewolf . Remember this technique can be used to alter any of the GSLC chipboards. 
1.  Take GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks from Package.
2.  Print Images of your choosing to represent each letter, I have decided upon a Monsters and Mysterious Creatures one and not sure what I will find. I was inspired by Dave Bell Graphic Artist of Classic Monster Posters and will start with them.
3.  I am using 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames to showcase each of the letters.
4.  I am a texture type of guy so I want to alter the frames and give them added interest. I want them to look similar but not the same like they are part of a collection.
5.  For the first frame I used various Ice Resin Enamels in German Silver and Torched Copper and Embossing Enamels in Aged Hunter and Aged Copper. I layered them and cured with a heating tool. This method can also be used on any of the GSLC chipboards as I will probably use later in my project.
6.  I added Tim Holts Distress Sprays in Walnut Stain to add additional patina.
7.  The second frame was aged using Finnabair rust pastes in greens, browns, and orange placed on randomly with a paintbrush. I then used transparent burnt sienna ink to fill in any empty spaces. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces. 
8.  The final frame was given a patina using Tim Holtz Distress Grit-Paste and Ferro-Copper Paste applied with a thin plastic spatula using a  Snake Skin Stencil and further distressing with alcohol inks in browns and greens. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces. 
9.  For altering the GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks this time I will be using Folk Art Painted Finishes Sets of Moss and Rust.
10.                For the GSLC Alphabet Stencil "G" I used the Folk Art Painted Finishes Moss Set for a reptilian scales-like look.
 11.                For the GSLC Alphabet Stencil "W" I used Folk Art Painted Finishes Rust Set and filled in the negative spaces with TH Distress Stains of Frayed Burlap and Broken China to give it a weathered and worn appeal.
12.                Find complimentary scrapbook paper for backgrounds of your GSLC Alphabet Framed Designs. I used a rusted corrugated cardboard for the "G", and a piece of moss paper for the "W".
 
13.                Cut and glue the appropriate images for each of Framed letters, securing with Weldbond.
 14.                Our GSLC Alphabet Stencils are complete for Letters "G" and "W"

Some final thoughts.
"G" is for Godzilla sometimes known as the "Monster King", a raging radioactive, ever evolving creation from the sea.
 
"W" is for werewolf, when the moon is full he loves to sing, but at mornings light a new creature he will be.
 



Stay tuned for the next instillation of  GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks. I cannot wait to see what new images I discover.

Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Alphabet Stencil Blanks, 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames, Matte Medium Ice Resins in Torched Copper and German Silver, Aged Hunter and Aged Copper Embossing Enamel, Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Walnut, Heating Tool, Finnabair Rust Pastes in Greens, Browns, and Orange, Transparent Burnt Sienna Ink, Paint Brush, Folk Art Painted Finishes of Rust and Moss Sets, Piece of Scrapbook Paper for Background and a moss sheet for the second background, Various Printed Images of Monster and Mysterious Creatures using Inkjet Printer and paper, and Weldbond.

I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!


No comments:

Post a Comment