Wednesday, January 6, 2016

"Amazing" Canvas with Guest Designer Pam Bray

Hello, Gypsy Soul Laser Cut fans!!! Pam here today and I am super excited to be sharing  projects throughout the month of January as a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Guest Designer. I will be using lots of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts on my "Amazing" Canvas along with some mixed media paints and pattern paper.
I began my "Amazing" Canvas by first laying out my pattern papers and chipboard pieces. Taking a photo helps me remember where my placements will be going as I work on my project.
I begin my giving my 8" x 8" canvas and Gypsy Laser Cuts pieces 
all a coat of Americana Heritage Chalky Paint. Dry completely.
Ink edges of canvas and all Gilded Lady pattern paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Adhere to dry canvas with Glossy Accent.
Mix Phthalo Green-Yellow and Titan Bluff. Side load all the prepared Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts with the mix using a flat brush. 
Allow to dry completely.
Shade all Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts with Burnt Umber. Allow to dry completely.
Add detail lines to leaves using a liner brush and Phthalo Green-Yellow Media Paint. Allow to dry completely.
Apply Quinacridone Gold over the top of all the prepared Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. Allow to dry Completely. 
Paint Scribble Frame Birds using Quinacridone Red, dry. Paint beaks of birds Yellow Oxide, dry. Dot eye with Black Carbon.
Dry completely. Add prepared birds to the Stackable Labels Shape Die Cut that is just above the "Amazing" Word that has been adhered to the top of the prepared canvas.
Ink edges of Gilded Lady pattern paper strips. Adhere to sides of canvas with Glossy Accents.
Punch eight 1/2" circles from Gilded Lady pattern paper. Ink edges. Add small pearl gemstones. Adhere to sides of canvas using Glossy Accent.
Adhere prepared Feathery Flourish to top and bottom of canvas using Glossy Accent. Fussy cut flowers from the Gilded Lady pattern paper, ink edges, layer together. Add to top of canvas.
Adhere Scribble Frame Birds over the top of Gilded Lady on canvas. Add more of the prepared fussy cut flowers to top of frame.
Adhere metal buttons to top of canvas. Add a few more fussy cut flowers  that has been made. Punch a few flowers using flower punch, layer together and add them to the top of the canvas.
I hope you have been inspired by my "Amazing" Canvas that was created with amazing Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard. I hope you check out the store HERE!!! It is truly "amazing" all the beautiful and fabulous chipboard that is available at such reasonable prices. 
Thanks for stopping in and we will see you again next week. 
Hugs, Pam

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Supplies:
Words & Phrases 2

Other Supplies:
Burnt Umer, Yellow Oxide, Quinacridone Red,
Quinacridone Gold, Phthalo Green-Yellow
Titan Bluff, Carbon Black
Americana Decor Chalky Heritage
8" x 8" white canvas
Flat and Liner Brush
Pearl Gemstone
Small Flower Pinch
Babble
Pink Sheer Ribbon
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Blending Tool
Metal Buttons 
1/2" Circle Punch
Glossy Accent

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous canvas you have created, Pam. Love each and every detail, and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete