Friday, January 29, 2016

Harry Potter - Flourish & Blotts Front Window

I was in a bit of a Harry Potter mood this week, as you'll see below. I've designed a front window shrine based on the movies and books of the Harry Potter series. Specifically, the Flourish & Blotts bookstore where the students purchase their books for the coming school year.


 The Square Shrine Shadowbox from GSLC is absolutely perfect for making shop windows and attached sign.

 The shop window is filled with handmade books and scrolls in various sizes and thicknesses. There's also a lovely old lantern in the bottom right-hand corner of the window.

 I just printed the sign off on my printer, cut out some squares from cardstock and cerealbox, all giving the project it's layers.


The window itself is clear and firm plastic from a box our Christmas ornaments came in this year. Everything can be used as a craft supply, I swear! I think my husband hates me for it though!

 The books are not openable and are all glued in place so that nothing will get jostled.

I've covered the back in some scrapbooking paper to give it an extra "magical" touch.

Supply List
*Square Shrine Shadowbox from GSLC
*Recollections Scrapbooking paper
*Black cardstock
*Cereal box card
*Printed sign
*Green and black acrylic paint
*Clear plastic packaging
*White PVA glue
*Dollhouse plastic lantern
*Book front printables
*Balsa wood to fill the inside of the books
*Scrolls made from cardstock and toothpicks

That's it from me this week! Hope you have some fun making your own shop windows!

2 comments: