Thursday, July 5, 2018

ATC Hidden Drawer Book Box



Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts has created this adorable Hidden Drawer Book Box perfect for a tiny treasure, a gift card or an ATC trade.



This project uses a slot and notch design so that each notch has a slot that it fits into. The above photo shows some of the pieces used to put the outside of the box together. I use a heavy wet glue such as Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue.

I put the piece together and then paint the inside of the box and the edges of the drawer. IF I would have painted all the pieces first, the notches may not fit into the slots as the paint makes the heavy chipboard expand slightly. (You know: wet + paper = ???)


Once put together, this ATC Drawer Box measures 3.25" wide X 4.5" tall.

Using Prima's Santorini collection, I covered the chipboard ATC Drawer Box and then took a GSL Cuts frame and painted it with gold paint.


Once that color dried, I pounced on some silver paint (all acrylic paint) and let dry. I then used a trick my Team Mate Lora gave me re: beads on the back of tiny areas to raise it up. I always use Dries Clear adhesive for these bead applications as it dries absolutely clear with no shine.


Perfectly raised thanks to Lora's trick.


Last, layering flowers, prills. a butterfly and a tag completed the project:




Thanks for visiting with me today.
See you again on July 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment