Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A Floral Crown Fit For A Diva

Hello friends!  It's Susan, here to share a fun project with you.  I've had a crazy week and this Crown is just the thing to refocus myself on ME (if only for a day!).


The crown kit comes with all these pieces -- enough for two crowns or one ornate one!  For this project I went for the tall one and will save the fancy one for a more delicate crown.


I tore up sheets of French-themed paper and collaged them with Modge Podge.  Once dry, cut around the edges with scissors.





I used a white wash -- a mix of white acrylic paint and water -- on both pieces.  matte varnished finished it off.  I also painted the inside of the pieces pale green.

I attached the back differently on each side.  The first with eyelets and ribbon, and the second with oversized brads.  In both cases I used a Crop-A-Dile for the holes, and to attached the eyelets.


I added silver tinsel to the edges and loads of flowers.  All the flowers!!


Thanks for your visit today!

Cheers,
Susan

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
Crown

Other Supplies Used
Scrapbook paper
Modge Podge
Acrylic paint - white and green
Varnish

1 comment: