Saturday, July 21, 2018

Candy Shop Clock

I have a miniature Honeydukes candy shop in mind and decided a clock would be a perfect addition. I used the awesome GSL Grandfather Clock 1:12.
 Here are the clock's elements all laid out with the top, bottom and shelf pieces set into place. 
 Before I glued anything together, I used a few of the non-rectangular elements as a pattern pieces. I selected BoBunny's Double Dot Vintage for this project. I've had this broken wristwatch face in my stash for a long time and it ended up being perfect for this project.
I started by gluing all of the horizontal elements in place. 
Then came the sides. It's starting to look like a clock!
There's a drawer that fits into the bottom section but I wanted that space open and decided to leave it out. Since it's going into a candy shop, I used candy themed papers. The jelly beans are from Ella & Viv's Candy Tinker Tray and the sprinkles paper is from DCWV's Snack Stack.
I covered the watch face's logo by gluing a tiny polymer clay nail art flower over it. In order to get the timepiece set into the clock's case at the perfect depth, I glued some scrap wood from my stash behind it.
Now to assemble a few candy jars to display inside the case. They are filled with polymer clay stick candy and cane slices and layered microbeads. The lids are made by gluing pearlized straight pins inside metal beads with a dot of E6000. Once the glue was dried, the pin shank was snipped off with wire cutters. 
 I think this will look great in my miniature Honeydukes shop. Thanks for stopping by!
 
Gypsy Soul Laser Items Used

Other Items Used
Tacky glue
BoBunny Double Dot Vintage paper
DCWV Snack Stack paper
Ella & Viv's Candy Tinker Tray paper
Wristwatch face
Miniature jars
Poly clay nail art canes
Microbeads
Beads
Pearlized straight pins

No comments:

Post a Comment