Since I suspected the items would be heavy, I glued the pieces together and reinforced all the joints with linen hinging tape.
I gesso'd the box with black, then decided to use paper anyway.
I don't have in-progress photos of the papering, but there wasn't anything unique about it. I measured, adhered with Mod Podge, and allowed to dry. I sanded the edges and used watered-down black acrylic paint to dirty up the edges and sides.
I finished the interior edges with black Dresden trim.
The items are attached with E-6000 or other heavy duty glue.
Thanks for your visit today! I hope we give you a lot of inspiration here on the blog!
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
3 Story House #SB040214001
Other Supplies Used
Tim Holtz paper
Black Dresden trim
Black acrylic paint
Ranger Matte Varnish