Monday, August 28, 2017

Be A Dreamer layout by Lynne

Hello all! I've fallen madly in love with the photos of these wire sculptures that I've found on Facebook here and decided to use a couple of the images for a layout. I scrap whatever catches my eye, in addition to family/pet photos and the other "normal" subjects people choose for their pages!


First, I primed all the chipboard pieces with white acrylic paint-easy peasy:


I used Faber Castell Texture Gems to draw random lines and squiggles on the flourishes for added texture, then added another layer of white paint when that was dry.


I like the irregularity they add; I then brushed them with ColourArte Twinkling H2Os in Iridescent Blue and Meridian.I dabbed a little Lemondrop Silks here and there on these as well when I was using it on the fairy.

For the aforementioned fairy, I first covered her with white glue and then sprinkled clear glass glitter onto the glue.


 She looked quite pretty and sparkly just like that, but I felt like she got a little lost among the vibrant colours on the page, so I lightly brushed on ColourArte Silks in Lemondrop;the sparkle of the glass glitter still showed through, but the yellow brought the fairy to life where she sat upon the blue flower.


I used white flocking on the last piece; it is Queen Anne's lace, but I thought the shape was close enough to the head of a seeded dandelion to fit in here....now make a wish and blow!

I added some cheesecloth here and there to continue the feeling of dandelion fluff-I love the added bit of texture it adds to a project:


I did some stencilling with blue and yellow texture paste and added a few spritzes of glimmer mist in both colours as well, and added some random border punching and inked edges.

I love adding a variety of textures to all of my layouts, and my Gypsy Soul Lasercuts give me perfect surfaces to do just that-I always enjoy seeing different ways to finish these great pieces, and look forward to seeing your creations! Have a terrific and creative week! xoxo

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
 Flourishes 2
Queen Anne's Lace
Garden Fairies medium

OTHER ITEMS USED

Authentique Felicity papers
ColourArte Silks-lemondrop
ColourArte Twinkling H2Os
Ayeeda mists
Prima stencils and flowers
Faber Castell Texture Gems
!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with me and others. You've inspired me to gather what art supplies I have tucked all over the RIDICULOUS room I'm stuck in 🤗...you're an angel, Lynne. I used to make cloth covered decorated boxes...oval hat box type boxes. I put my heart and soul into each one, made especially for the person I was making it for. Really put a lot of work in them. Gotta go!

    ReplyDelete