Sunday, August 27, 2017

Vintage Family Mini Book with GSLC and Canvas Corp


Hi and welcome to the GSLC blog today.  This month we are joining forces with an amazing company called Canvas Corp.  They have lots of vintage products that are really fun to work with and create with.  I made a vintage Family Book with my goodies that I got, so please keep reading to see how I created it.


So all my products were from their 7 Gypsies line called the Architectures Collection.  It had gorgeous vintage colors in aqua, browns and ivory so I set to work starting with the mini book.  For my Chipboard on the cover I used the Flourished Frame Lisa (coming soon)and the Victorian Silhouette Frames.


1. Start by cutting the blue paper to cover the inside of the book both front and back and adhere.  Cut out the white set of doors from the back side of the paper.


2. Use a ruler and mark where your holes will go on the front.  Use a crop a dile to punch them on the front and back and then attach them with small metal rings like you see above.


3. For the frame I inked it with Brilliance ink and then embossed it with a fun vintage embossing powder from Stampendous.  It's called Aged Aqua and it gives it a really fun patina.


4. Ink and emboss the chipboard with the silhouettes on it using the rose embossing powder.  Then layer all of them on the front of the book and glue with Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Adhesive.  This is a wonderful glue in that it works on all kinds of products.  Even fabric.


5.  Now you can die cut a few flowers with the ivory burlap that they carry.  I did 2 sets of each so that I could create a nice flower cluster on the front of my book.


6. Glue the flowers together and let them dry.


7. Arrange lots of flowers on the front and attach with ribbons and leaves to your liking.  This part is always my favorite because I love flowers on things.  


8.  for the inside of the book you can cut pages from paper and then add other bits of things to decorate them.  I cut pieces of canvas below to put on the page for pictures later when I fill it with all the things I want to remember about my ancestors from long ago.



9.  And Canvas Corp also has lots of other little door themed stickers to put inside.


This was a really fun book to make and I can't wait to put all the information and pictures I am finding from this side of my family.  And the size is really nice too so that it doesn't take up so much room.

Here is a supply list just in case you need a few things:

GSLC Flourished Frame Lisa (coming soon)


Stampendous Aged Aqua and Aged Rose embossing powder
Versamagic Jumbo Java chalk ink
Brilliance ink in cosmic copper
Extra flowers from Paper Studio
Adhesive letters from Ruby Rock-it

Thanks so much for stopping over and have a wonderful day

Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment