Sunday, August 13, 2017

With a surprise inside . . .


Hi Everyone. This week I've got a special surprise hidden inside this Gypsy Soul Laser Cut box. I asked Gina (the owner) to create this box for me.

With only 6 pieces, it's super easy to put together. Here's how it starts:

There is a bottom piece and 4 sides (2 for the front & back and 2 for the sides).
Match notches and slots and glue in place, creating a 3 dimensional box.

DONE!


Couldn't be easier right? Here's a trick I learned from Gina: Take one of those really thick black Sharpie's and go around the edges of the pieces. This will cover those places where the decorative paper doesn't quite fit. And the ink doesn't saturate the chipboard.


Normally, I put my project together and then decorate. But for this one, it will be much easier to cover the inside portions with paper before putting it together. Remember that you can't cover the notches and slots - leave those exposed.


Once this was complete, I glued the pieces in place. Then the outside decorations began:

This Prima paper is some of my favorites ever. I combined it with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Feathers Shape Set and Simple Feathers. Lots of Prima flowers and fussing cutting were added to the front of the box. 


It was then time for the lid. The lid looks like this:


Super simple because I wanted to add a mini-book to the inside of the lid. After covering the lid with decorative paper, I added a finial to the top and a mini-book to the inside lid.

When you pull the finial, the entire mini-book lifts out of the box:


And there's the mini-book, ready for photos and journaling:


Hope you enjoyed this little project. I can see this same idea only with a string of paper dolls for a child . . . or maybe a Congratulations banner . . . or perhaps a link of photos to be used as a decorative banner . . . or a myriad of other possibilities.

Want to create one yourself?  Contact Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and ask Gina to cut one of these especially for you!

Other Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts used:

Feathers Shape Set
Simple Feathers


No comments:

Post a Comment