Friday, August 18, 2017

The Watchmaker's Clock

Hello!! Jennalee here today with a Steampunk inspired clock. When I saw the Desk Clock Kit from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts I knew I wanted to make a clock for my hubby. He loves vintage and steampunk so the gears were an easy choice to go with.


Start by applying two layers of Black gesso or acrylic paint to the fronts and backs of all the chip board pieces.

Cover the Clock Face and Base with scrapbook paper. Adhere paper using Distress Collage Medium or matte medium. I used a piece of paper from Tim Holtz's Dapper paper stash paper pad. The wording was perfect and set the tone for the whole piece. 



 Once Collage Medium is dry apply a generous layer of Distress Crazing Medium. Allow to air dry. Once dry apply accents to the crazing with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. 




Emboss the numbers using Burnt Copper Leaves. 


Using a strong hold adhesive attach clock support to base and numbers to front of clock. Assemble clock workings. The inner workings of the clock fit perfectly on the support piece. 


Once I had my clock assembled I decided I wanted it to have a larger base. I took a small wooden cradle board I had in my stash and spray painted using a dark brown with light hints of bronze. 



Then came the fun of adding gears and other small steampunk inspired bits. The gears I used are from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology line.The light bulb and other random "thing" are from junking excursions. I attached the gears and bits and bobs with hot glue. 








I don't make masculine projects often, but I really enjoyed this one. And my hubby was thrilled that I made a project for him, for once!! Thanks for spending a few minutes with me today. Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 






No comments:

Post a Comment