Friday, August 11, 2017

Princess Standing Flip Book with Alicia Barry

Today I have created a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Standing Flip Book album with a princess theme for my daughter.  I have decorated the front of the book as an album cover, and will add to the inside pages after our next Disney trip, with photos of her with the princesses.


 Here's what the kit will look like when it comes to you.  The finished project will stand around 12 inches tall.

The first thing I did was to cover my pieces with gesso. I did this before assembling.  The pages themselves will be covered with paper, so it's really just about getting the edges covered. I glued mine together at this point, but you may find it easier to wait til the end. 


Using the page edges as templates, I cut patterned paper for the front and back of each page, leaving a small border. I also distressed the edges of the papers before adhering. Don't forget that you will need to punch holes in the patterned paper. The easier way is to do one side, turn it to see the hole in the back, and punch before doing the other side. The other way is to cover both sides, then line up a finished page over the top and punch through.


I was a little concerned about the weight of the pages toppling the project, so I added pieces of ribbon to stop them from pushing back too far.   I covered the whole base in clear embossing powder. It ended up with some flecks of glitter too as a happy co-incidence. I guess it got picked up from a previous project. 


I used gold ink to colour the birds. I like the silhouette effect. I cut apart one of them to have the bird and leaves spread across the project, then added paper flowers, leaves and ribbon over the top.  I attached them with a triple layer of foam dots so it would sit out from the frame giving the illusion of dimension. 

For my cover, I used this Lace Frame (coming soon)piece. It reminds me a little of the mirror from Snow White, but in gold, it feels elegant and princessy. I covered the piece in gesso first, then layers of gold ink, gold and clear embossing powder until I was happy with the result. You can see the bird that came with the leaves on the base. 






Supplies used:



No comments:

Post a Comment