Saturday, January 31, 2015

Colorful Cards



Hello everyone. Shanna here today with some cards for your inspiration.


I really was inspired by some watercolor cards I saw recently and wanted to try it out myself.






I started out with adding water to my watercolor paper. Then I added some Distress Inks to the paper letting them soak in and then I splatter water all over to add texture. Splatter is my most favorite thing ever I think when it comes to watercoloring.


So for the first card, I wanted to play with some cooler colors.  I used Black Embossing Powder on the stars from Heidi's Star Shape Set. I also used white embossing powder to add the sentiment to my card front.










For my second card, I used a feather from the Feather Shape Set. I gave it two sets of gesso to make it very white. I went with bright warm colors for the second card. I love them both so much it is hard to pick a favorite.













Gina's Designs Products Used




No comments:

Post a Comment