Monday, January 26, 2015

Bee Happy Canvas


Greetings from chilly and snowy Ontario! Lynne here with a summery canvas to chase away the winter blues. I had a great time creating this with the fun bees and gorgeous new word art from Gina's (although I didn't have such a great time cleaning up the half bottle of yellow spray mist that I spilled all over my work table at one point-ugh!)








I used chipboard from several different packages. Most of them were simply painted with acrylic paint and then they picked up a bit of mist which integrated them to the colors of the canvas. The honeycombs were painted then rubbed with ink.The bees were painted black and yellow, then the wings were stamped with Versamark and heat-embossed. I added black stripes of flocking to the bodies. I also bent the wings a bit for dimension and realism.






Thanks a bunch for stopping by, and remember to bee happy, and bee creative!





Gina's Designs Products Used:


pointing hand from Steampunk Lightbulb Set









Other Items Used


grunge board alphabet


black flocking


Mister Hueys, Tattered Angels, Perfect Pearls mists


gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment