Thursday, January 22, 2015

Love Birds Heart Wall Hanging by Kim





Hello friends! Today I would like to share with you this beautiful heart wall hanging. This is a fairly new product in Gina's store, and it's perfect for Valentine's Day!  I wanted to do it up in a shabby vintage style. This fun project is hanging in my craft room.












I first painted the hearts in the colors to go in my craft room. The first and last ones are a light pink. I then tore up some lovely rose themed paper and mod podged it in different spots on the hearts. For the center of each one, I dangled the smaller heart by punching a hole and using jump rings to attach them.  I then layered on more of the paper and the corrugated cardboard that comes with the wall hanging. I added some texture paste for dimension.  The birds from the Build A Layout Love Birds set were heat embossed.




I attached some crocheted lace to each piece to create the wall hanging.




For the two middle hearts I painted them in a teal color, then layered on some paper to match and cut up a vintage pink doily to lay over the top. I used some of Gina's gorgeous wings, which I heat embossed. I then added an angel and flowers to each to finish them off.







 


Lastly, the final heart got the same treatment as the first pink one. I added a metal number 14 to represent Valentine's Day, a pretty cameo, and flowers as well.


I hope you enjoyed my project today! Pick up one of these for yourself or give it to a friend for a great Valentine's Gift.


Thanks for stopping by!




 Gina's Designs Items Used







Other Items Used


Paper Artsy Paints


Bo Bunny Madeline Paper


Prima Angels


Tim Holtz Metal



Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers


Doilies and Cameos From My Stash






No comments:

Post a Comment