Thursday, January 15, 2015

Winter Cabin Shadowbox Using The Robins Nest Papers


Hi everyone! It's Donna!
Today I am sharing Gina's Cabin in the Woods Shadowbox. This month we are promoting The Robins Nest, and we received these beautiful "winter collection" papers. Once I saw the blue and white papers, I knew I wanted to make a shabby cabin shadowbox.


 

The Shadowbox is very easy to assemble, the pieces fit together nicely!

I cut the papers to fit along the top of the back piece, and each section of the shadow box and glued them down. I painted the rest of the pieces with white crackle paint.




After assembling the shadow box, I used Aleene's snow in the cubbies, on the cabin, trees, and on the top of the shadowbox.  I added feet to the box so there would be additional height for the lace on the bottom.






 I added Gina's chipboard snowflakes, painted with white gesso,  layered with punched snowflakes using The Robins Nest papers. The coffee mug in the bottom left corner  is one of Gina's chipboard shapes. I painted it with white gesso, white paint, and then glossy accents. The fireplace comes with the shadowbox. I simply painted with white crackle paint.





I used white gesso on the two deer, and the word "Dream", and covered them with chunky glitter glass while still wet.








And then the fun part; finding additional items for the cubbies that fit your theme!

This was a really fun project!






Thank you for stopping by today! 



Gina's Designs Products Used:
Winter collection papers


Other Products
Prima flowers
Prima resin frames
Prima resin angels
Aleene's Snow
White crackle paint
White gesso
Petaloo Berries
Chunky Glitter glass - Reneabouquets

No comments:

Post a Comment