Sunday, March 26, 2017

Happy Birthday to you...


Hi and welcome to the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog today.  I have a fun and easy project to share with all of you using some of our large tags and the Birthday Shape set.  Grab a cup of coffee and join me to see how I did these fun to make tags with simple inks and embossing powders.





To begin this project you will need a set of the large chipboard tags, the birthday shape set and a few of the flower stackers that you see above.  Before I start all my projects that I  do,  I like to lay out all my pieces so that I can see what colors that I need and get an idea of what other papers and goodies I can use.  This is the fun part and you can use lots of those things in your stash too.


I picked this cute plaid paper from MFT for the base of my tags and traced around each of the them and glued them to the front and backs.  After they were dry I sanded around each of them with a file to get rid of any uneven edges. Then I punched the hole at the top of each for ribbons later.


Then I got out some of my favorite inks and dabbed them on the top of each of the pieces and then embossed it with clear or white embossing powder to set the inks.


For the presents I wanted to create a more watercolor effect so I dabbed on the inks into each area of the presents and the bows to color them and shade them.  Then I embossed with clear powder.  


I love that this piece has a window that goes over it... It makes it look like stained glass.


I also inked around the edges of the tags to make them a bit more vintage and match the chipboard.


And lastly--after I inked all my pieces and let them dry I glued them onto the tags and added a Happy Birthday stamp, ribbons and glitter to each of them.  It was super fun to try something new with the inks and now I have pretty tags to add to my birthday bags when I need them.

Here is my supply list for these projects:


Stampendous stamp- Friendly phrases
Tsukineko Chalk inks
Stampendous Detail Clear and white embossing powder
Scotch Quick Dry Tacky glue
MFT plaid 6x6 paper pad
scissors, nail file
superfine glitter


Thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you have a very fun and creative day too!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment