Monday, March 20, 2017

Mermaid dreams

Hi Everyone ,
I am a sucker for mermaids. I decided to break out my chipboard mermaid stash to create a mixed media canvas.



 I started with a 5x7 canvas board( I added a skimpy layer of gesso to the board) and several paint colors.  I used my fingers to smear on the paint.

 Once the paint dried I added Glimmermists in several colors.  I sprayed them really close to the board and let them run down.  I dried them with my heat tool.

Next I grabbed my Mixed Media Fragments and used the circle piece.  I painted and sprayed it until I got a good green color.  I added a bit of tan using a sponge just to break up the greens.  Using a stencil I pounced my embossing ink through the stencil and then added Burnt Copper Leaves embossing powder.  I reheated some areas of the embossing powder and added gold foil.  I glued the fragment to the board.


I chose one of the larger Mermaid images and embossed her using Onyx Frost Powder.  To make her tail shimmery colors I used Perfect Pearls.
The Crown was finger painted using the Distress Paint and then embossed with Fractured Ice Embossing Powder. I used sticky backed pearls for the jewels.  You will see on the final photos that I changed some of the jewels and I used real stones instead.  

Once I glued all of the bits on the board I added in some rubs ons and scribbled some gel pen. 


Here is a photo when I finished it and sitting on my desk.  

Here are a couple beauty shots outside.  


I hope you enjoy!
gslcuts items: Mixed Media fragments 2
                          Mermaids shaped set
                          Crown from the Parisian shape set

No comments:

Post a Comment