Sunday, November 20, 2016

Blending Tool Holder by Ginny

Hey there Peeps!  Just dropping in to share a fun little tutorial using the Business Card Holder to contain my two most used blending tools to keep them on top of my work desk without getting ink on the table.

The card holder fits two of the tools fit side by side and keeps them within easy reach.
 I lined the bottom with paper which can be switched out if it becomes too inky but since I use Gathered Twigs and Black Soot most often there's no worry about contaminating the felt pads with other colors if I just leave the original piece in.
 
I finished the sides with the same paper but with larger sections of the pattern to take advantage of the big beautiful blooms.
I added a few large and small blooms, an enamel brad and a loopy twine bow and that was just a perfect amount of embellishments to make this practical display pretty and a great addition to my work desk.

Here's a few steps I took to create this project...
After choosing the chippies I wanted to use I gave them a good wipe down with a dry cloth to prepare them for finishing.
Using the outside pieces I traced the half oval shape onto the patterned papers and trimmed. The holder was assembled and painted a pretty soft blue to coordinate with the paper. The remaining elements were given a base coat of crisp white to prepare them for additional steps.
After applying the embossing dabber I sprinkled on pretty powder and used the heat gun to set.
I attached the chippies to the holder and finished with the embellishments.
~Gypsy Soul Laser Cut Chipboard~
Okay that's all for me. Wishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative.

1 comment: