It's an 8"x 10" flat canvas done in a 3D style with lots of mixed media goodness--acrylic paint, texture paste, glitter paint, embossing glitter, etc. Rather than hanging it on the wall, I purchased a metal stand for it and will be displaying my canvas on a buffet table in our dining room.
I just love all the different layers I was able to achieve with the chipboard pieces combined with a few flowers and other metal embellishments.
I hope that you will want to create a Happy Harvest canvas too. Below is my YouTube video with the steps that I took to create mine. Use any paints and other mixed media pastes and sprays that you have on hand to create the color palette that you love. I started out with brighter colors on mine but kept adding more copper, gold and platinum to achieve this metallic look. That's the fun of mixed media--you just keep adding until you are "done."
Here are a few more photos of my canvas.
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Fall Shape Set
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Fanciful Elements
- 8 x 10 flat canvas
- Smooth Texture Paste
- Acrylic Paint - Orange, Metallic Gold, Black, Brown
- Glitter or Texture Paint - Orange, Brown
- Distress Stain - Green
- Spray On Color - Green, Gold, Brown
- Rub On Paste Paints - Platinum, Gold, Copper
- Embossing Ink
- Gold Glitter Embossing Powder
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Distress Inks - Orange, Brown & Black
- Metal Embellishments-knob, gears, flower
- Assorted Flowers, Small
- Rhinestones - Beige or Gold
- Glossy Accents or other clear wet glues
Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions or just comment to let us know you stopped by. Visit my blog for more of my craft projects at: www.sandytrefger.blogspot.com