Saturday, June 29, 2013

Doily Tags by Shanna & Monica


Hey everyone Shanna here to share a little magic and love I have for making tags! Okay my first tag turned out amazing and I love love love it.

I used lots of layering on this tag.
For my second tag... this was an epic fail.... I mean save lol. I was feeling bright and colorful. Well after some Dylusions and stencils... not so bright and very upset with my tag.... so after letting it sit there for a few weeks... I said to myself if you mess up with spray Gesso it and start over... (Thanks Limor and Leanne for echoing that into my head!!!)

So I gave it a quick dry brush of gesso and SHA BAM BAMM!!!!! I said well it still needs a splash of color so I tried out my new Heidi Swapp spray I picked up from an awesome sale Susana was having and threw the sentiment on it and MAGIC!!
You can still see color poking through but muted a bit. That doily looks awesome right!!!
I painted the chipboard with something and I don't quite remember most likely a Tattered Angels Glaze and gave it a body with pearls and antennas were made with string beads. I love the look on how this turned out!
So grab your chippies and come play!

Items Used:

Gesso
Dylusion Sprays
Heidi Swapp Spray
Tim Holtz sentiment stamp
Trim/Fibers
Pearls
String Beads
Prima papers, flowers, stamps
Lace
Seam Binding Ribbon

********************

Hey all! Monica here with a tag of my own to share!



Gina has doiles that come in 2 sets - 8 inch and a variety size set.  She has intricate cut pieces too.  Now enough of how fabulous these doilies are and a little about my piece.  Oh almost forgot I used "Hope" from here Words & Phrases sets.  I inked a prima flower to match the paper which actually is the packaging from something I bought lol. Stamped a hot air balloon and used some wallpaper tape.

1 comment: