Monday, June 3, 2013

Endless Possibilities with Glassine Bags by Heidi


Hello everyone. Heidi here today with a little project that I did using Gina's glassine bags.  I will be honest with you all, when I first got these I had no idea what I would do with them. I thought they are little bags, what is up with that?  BUT...  now I tell you, I am having so much fun with these. They make great gift card holders alone or if you put them on the front of a card - a little holder for money or a card.  Alter them and put them together for a little book, the possibilities are endless. 
So this is the first one I made, it is a graduation card for the daughter of one of our friends that is graduating this weekend.  That little tab at the top is attached to a glassine bag which we tucked money into.  Perfect use for it don't you think?   I did decorate the front and back and the lace meets in the back and I attached my logo- didn't think to take a photo for you.  I figured the back needs to be complete.  Then there will be a little card that I will tuck in it with a little message.  I love this little sentiment because she has been so anxious to graduate!
Now this glassine bag will need to go to someone that enjoys sewing I think.  I love this G45 paper and just had to add some lace, doilies and buttons of course to go with the little Gina's Designs dressform.  The lace is from a stash that my mother gave me (on both glassine bags).   The little rosette is one that I made with some ribbon: they are really easy and go so well with the doilies. :) 


I hope that this has inspired you to pull out those glassine bags and if you don't have any stop over to Gina's and get you some along with the following supplies I used on mine.

Gina's Designs Products
Glassine Bag Assortment (I used the 2 larger sizes)
Dressforms & Corsets Shape Set
Cardstock Doily Set 1
Cardstock Doily Set Intricates
Stackable Labels Shape Set

Have a wonderful day! 

Heidi 


No comments:

Post a Comment