Thursday, January 3, 2019

Working ahead . . .

Hi Everyone and a very happy new year to all of you.


I have the same goal each year . . . get birthday cards ready in advance. I fail each year but hoping 2019 will be different. To that end, I'm now working on February birthday cards. (Yes - January's cards are complete!).

Using several heart motifs from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts for these birthdays:





First, I mixed paint to get a close color to the rose in the paper I was using. This paper is Mintay by Karola Witczak and is called Birdsong. Finally got the color I wanted after mixing red, pink and bronze. After painting the heart and the butterfly, I dry brushed the inside of the heart with a pale blue color.


Wanting a bit of shine to the heart, I covered it with Glossy Accents and then layered the inside of the heart to give it some lift.


Flowers from 49 & Market, pearls and Catweed leaves finished off this card.


On to card #2:


This may be one of my favorite frames. It's made with 2 layers so it produces two tones beautifully. I painted the bottom layer with the same red as used in the first card. Then painted the top layer with Brushed Pewter Distress Paint. After adding a flower from 49 & Market, a butterfly from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and a happy birthday stamp, my card was complete.

Woohoo! February 2019 cards are now ready and waiting!


Here's a recap of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts I used:





See you next time ~ same place.
Have a wonderful 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment