Sunday, January 13, 2019

With You Card

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here today for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  Today I have a tutorial for a card made with the Prima Georgia Blues line and of course some awesome chipboard pieces.


First I measured out my cardstock and printed paper pieces based off of the size of the chipboard frame. I used the Flourished Frame Leah which measures 4.75" x 4.75".  I cut the printed paper from the 6x6 Georgia Blues pad down to 5" x 5."  I then cut a piece of very heavy shimmer cardstock to 5.25" x 10.5" and scored it in the middle to make a 5.25" square card. 


I gave the chipboard frame a coat of white gesso and then rubbed it with Picket Fence Distress Stain. When the stain was dry I very lightly brushed some silver acrylic paint on it. I adhered the chipboard next for placement, and then added some white texture paste through a stencil to the left side of the frame opening. 


Next I added my main three embellishments that I wanted to work around.  I used foam dots on the "with you" ephemera and very carefully under the letters of the "love" acetate ephemera to pop then up.  I also added the butterfly from the butterfly scribble piece and decided to leave it raw.  I think this one raw piece works great with the combination of whites and light greys. 


Next I added white and silver baker's twine, various flowers, more ephemera, and blue crystals.



I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial to make a beautiful card for a special occasion.  I used the following products on it:

Flourished Frame Leah
Scribble Frame Butterfly
Georgia Blues 6x6 Paper Pad
Georgia Blues Say it In Crystals
Georgia Blues Tickets
Georgia Blues Ephemera 

Hope you had a great crafty weekend!
Leigh Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment