Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Coffin Box Trio with Susan

Hello crafty friends!  Is it Halloween yet?  Are you done with all these spookies and skellies?  Hopefully not since I have a little more for you today.  If you couldn't tell by now, spooky-themed projects are my year-'round fun.

Today I have a trio of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts miniature coffin boxes.  Finished, they are 4 1/4" x 2 1/8" x 1 1/4", with two coffins per package.


The first thing was to bend up the edges, then glue.  I did one tab at a time and used clothes pins to secure while the glue worked it's magic.




 Next, I edged the coffin with brown ink and filled in the scored indentation with a brown pen.  I traced the top, bottom, and sides onto scrap paper, cut them out, and inked the edges.


You can use any glue for this step, but the trick I can share is to go slowly and glue one section at a time.  Make sure the paper is staying straight since it can be difficult (impossible!) to fix once you get around to the end.  I know this from experience... which is why there are only 3 coffin boxes out of 4.  ::grin::


Since I succeeded on the bat box, I continued with the other boxes.


These are fun!  I'm not sure how I'll use them yet.  For now they are a resting place for George to supervise my work.  



This design is also available in 7 1/2" long coffin box and a 6" long coffin box.  Happy crafting!

Cheers,
Susan

GYPSY SOUL LASER CUTS USED
Coffin Box Miniatures RB5


OTHER SUPPLIES USED
Graphic 45 Rare Oddities paper
Ranger Glue 'n Seal medium
Brown ink and pen

No comments:

Post a Comment