Sunday, September 18, 2016

Joy Bird Greeting Card by Ginny

Hey there Paper Peeps! Dropping in today to share what I think may be my favorite GSL project so far. I love everything about it like the birds and the colors and layers!
I used a makeup applicator to pounce on many different acrylic paint colors and added some cinnamon Stickles once it was dry. Both of the larger pieces got the same finishing treatment. For the Joy sentiment I just added a nice thick coat of Opal White Liquid Pearls. When it was mostly...but not quite all the way dry I smooshed it down with my finger to give it some texture.
I selected the paint colors to coordinate with the gorgeous fussy cut bird and background paper.
There are chipboard spacers between the layers for dimension and a bit of distressing with the Tonic edger.
These flowers in burlap were chosen specifically to not compete with the altered chippies.
I'm really thinking I should be calling this a mixed media piece instead of a card as it would look really lovely sitting on a mantle or shelf as a nature inspired home décor item.
~Gypsy Soul Laser Cut Supplies~

No comments:

Post a Comment