Monday, September 12, 2016

Celebrate!!! 90th Birthday Card and Gift Bag by Lynne

Well hi there folks! A dear friend of mine is having her 90th birthday the end of September (and a surprise party...SHHHH!) so I  decided to create a card and a little gift bag especially for her.


I used Blue Fern Studios "Frolic" papers to cover the card and bag and added a little edge punching with a Martha Stewart punch. I inked the edges in a soft pink and did a bunch of fussy cutting which I popped up in spots with foam tape for dimension.
   


The cake piece was fun to decorate; to simulate the look of cake I mixed a little salt in with  the yellow acrylic paint. he icing is texture paste sprinkled with micro-beads and the candle is patterned paper run through an embossing folder then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder. The flame of the candle was heat-embossed in antique gold then rubbed with a little orangey-red ink.


The heart border strip single heart and gifts outline were primed with white gesso then heat-embossed with Bridal Tinsel glitter embossing powder. I then used a glue pen on them
before covering them with white glitter. (My friend likes sparkly things!!)

The gifts were covered in patterned papers;  I used a different paper for each package to give more contrast then I added the outline piece that was all glittered up. I love all the pieces in the Birthday Shape set but I  think these gifts are my very favourite!


Thanks so much for stopping by; wishing you a wonderful and creative week!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

OTHER ITEMS USED

Blue Fern Studios 12x12 papers-Frolic
Ranger embossing powder-bridal tinsel
Dew Drop ink-angel pink


No comments:

Post a Comment