Monday, November 16, 2015

Gift Tag Ornaments by Barb









First of all, can I just say how much I love the Winter Shape Set? I've been having so much fun with this set and I have so many ideas that I should probably order three more sets! This week I was thinking about holiday baking, which I love to do. Filling the house with all that glorious sugary, buttery scent and then handing someone a fresh tray of tasty treats? To me, that's what makes the holidays.





As I was contemplating my vast array of cookie cutters, I realized that I had a lot of the same shapes in Gina's Winter Shape Set. Ding, ding, ding! Idea time! Why not make a little gift tag ornaments to adorn my baskets, boxes and plates of goodies? So, that's exactly what I did.









I took this project as an opportunity to play with all kinds of paint, ink and glitter mediums and combinations.










If some of the pieces felt a little plain after I inked or painted them, I added a little freehand design to them to give them a little more depth.










I used the snowman from this set in my Winter Gazebo piece last week (here), but I didn't use all the pieces intended for the snowman. So, I gave the hat, scarf and gloves to the penguin to wear.









The sled brought back fond memories of playing in the Michigan snow of my childhood, as did the ice skate.










These will make such fun additions to little holiday packages, and if people want to, they're sturdy enough to hang on a Christmas tree.





Gina's Designs Product Used:






Other Products Used:


Acrylic Paint


Craft Ink


Sharpies


Imagine Crafts irRESISTibles


StazOn Studio Glaze


Stickles


Liquid Pearls




No comments:

Post a Comment